Monday, January 28, 2013

Neighborhood Beach

I found out this morning that we’re within walking distance to the beach!  Well, it is 2.5 miles, but that is walking distance.  However, as I mentioned, I haven’t been walking lately.  So after walking to the beach, I developed a blister.  Luckily John was able to save me by driving down and picking me up for a ride back.

I’m not actually sure if anyone swims here.  There a small parking lot, but no signs about swimming.  Matter of fact, to get to the beach you have to cross a set of railroad tracks and go through a section of bamboo plants.  The beach itself is only 10 foot wide or so.  But it is sand and it is on water (Escambia Bay).
 
I liked the look of the trees here.  Very cool roots!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chimneys built by water creatures. 
 
This is a brick ‘thing’ in the water.  There’s a cement pipe out to it.  I’ve never lived near the water.  Maybe everyone has one!  What is it?
 
 
 

No comments: