Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Government shutdown & Update

Just thought I'd mention we have to leave our campground since it's run by the National Parks.  It's a beautiful park set very near Washington D.C.  Even though it's in the city, it has plenty of deer running through the park.

Grow up, congress, and do what you have to do to get the government going again!  Oh, and personally, I pay for my health insurance.  I like that I can continue to pay for David for a few more years.  I like the idea of not worrying about finding insurance if I develop a pre-existing condition.  Don't say the program isn't working until we try it.

------
Update:
We were told last night it would be a controlled closing and not to rush.  I went out to McDonald's this morning to use the internet.  When I got back there were two police cars parked facing me as I came in with a bulldozer behind it.  Wouldn't a simple 'Closed' sign work?  They let me in since I already had a campsite. The ranger trucks kept circling the campsites.

Then John found out they locked the bathrooms!!! We were OK because we had the RV, but the people camping in the tents were literally sh__ out of luck.  We saw some people walking back in the woods.  Really, they can't keep the bathrooms open until noon when people are gone?

When we left, the bulldozer had to move to let us out.  A local TV station was set up trying to interview people.  We left without comment.

Wow, I felt we were in some type of military coup like in the movies!

No comments: