Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Panama City Beach


The waves were high at Panama City Beach with a red flag posted. We didn’t swim in those waves!

Panama City Beach is all about tourists. Ripley’s is in a building built to look like a ship. It is across from an indoor park built to look like an upside-down building. You walk into huge fake shark’s jaws at the T-shirt shops. And there are all kinds of water parks and go cart courses. This was the Goofy Golf (putt-putt golf) course that was near our RV park.

As I was finishing my hike to the beach, I passed a shop renting scooters. Suddenly, I hear sirens behind me and a police car pulls up beside me. I look at the shop owner and ask “Is this for you?” He nodded yes. Then two more police cars pull up with lights flashing and sirens screaming. I just kept walking, but was worried I’d be thrown down to the ground as a suspect. I’m assuming stealing a scooter is a big crime in Panama City Beach.


No comments: