Saturday, October 3, 2015

Red Tide and Deer


Last time we stopped at St. Andrews State Park in Panama City flags were up to warn us about jellyfish. Turns out it wasn’t dangerous at all, but the flags were up. This time there were no flags warning us, but red tide was bad. I’ve experienced red tide before, but this time seemed to affect me quicker. I only stayed near the beach for 5 minutes before it really affected by lungs. The shore was full of dead fish that not even the birds will eat. Luckily, the red tide moved off shore over the next few days.

The deer are plentiful and friendly at St. Andrews. I heard about several herds of 5-6 deer that walk up to a campsite asking for food. I didn’t see the herd, but I did see several beside the road and our campsite.

One morning I turned around after reading a sign on a hiking trail to see two small fawns just a few feet away from me. We all jumped. They ran over to mom and started to suckle. VERY COOL to see this.


No comments: