Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Dell Support ??

The hard drive on my 2.5 month old Dell computer failed. That’s bad enough. Then the replacement hard drive from Dell had a corrupt Windows 10 system. Even though the computer was less than 3 months old, I had to pay for extended warranty or they wouldn’t fix it for over 2 weeks. I also had to find and pay for another company to do the data retrieval on the old drive since that isn’t covered.

After 10 days, ~5 hours on the phone, hours and hours downloading files, repeating my service tag/name/email address/phone number to multiple people as I was transferred back and forth between the same departments, some screaming, and tears; my computer is now working. I do not plan to ever buy another Dell. I now fully understand the thousands of people who give Dell Support the lowest service rating.


Deep breath….OK, I am better. Now to catch up on the blog, email, work, etc.

No comments: