Saturday, March 31, 2018

Phoenix


Every year I travel to a conference. This year was in Phoenix.  St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Basilica is right by the conference center. While the interior was gorgeous, I liked the bronze relief of the Very Reverend Novatus Benzing outside the door. Apparently there is a tradition that the athletes of St. Mary’s High School rubs his nose for luck on game days. Plus I think other people try this too. And maybe his eyebrows are lucky too?

  
Do you think that someday there will be a plaque saying I visited this church?


I was lucky to visit the Heard Museum with a group. The emphasis is on Native Americans with terrific displays of pottery, baskets, jewelry, clothings, etc.


Even better, we had a demonstration of dancing and music. Extremely wonderful!

'


No comments: