Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Men in the ladies room

Mammoth Cave is big (duh!).  At this point there is almost 400 miles of caves mapped while we saw only 2 miles of it.  There was a lot of history and geology on our tour.   Mammoth Cave doesn’t have many stalactites or stalagmites, but we did see the remnants of earlier visitors with smoke writing on the ceiling.  We also did some hiking at the campground and saw several deer along with many noisy squirrels and chipmunks.




At this time of the year it seemed like it was a young men’s park.  There were several small and large groups of guys here hiking in the woods and taking the cave tours.  I’m not sure why it’s such a “guy thing”.  During the tour we had a pit stop in restrooms inside the cave.  Perhaps it was the dim lighting for the Ladies sign, but as I left the ladies room I noticed the other occupant was a guy!  At least it was stalls only, so it was kinda funny. To top it off, the next morning I came into the ladies room at the camp ground.  There was a little boy (5?) by himself and brushing his teeth.  I decided to go about my business.  When I came out he was standing by the sink holding his hands over his ears.  I’m not sure if he was being gallant or what.

No comments: