Monday, March 26, 2012

Water, Water, Everywhere

After doing the errands in Fayetteville Arkansas we moved on to Petit Jean State Park.  The story is that a French lady, Petit Jean, dressed up like a man to travel with her sailor boyfriend to American.  She is buried nearby (a cemetery I missed seeing!).  The park is full of neat rock formations like turtle rocks and Rock House Cave.  There are lots of kids in the parks right now since its spring break in the area.  After seeing only snow birds, it seems weird. 



There has been a LOT of rain recently so waterfalls were large and numerous.  It was so wet that many of the paths were a combination of a walking path and a stream.  The water made hikes much more exciting than it normally have been.  One of the paths crossed and recrossed a stream.  When the water is low, that’s not a problem.  With the high water, it was difficult to stay dry (as you could tell from my shoes at the end of the hike).  But it was great to see how green everything was after the rain along with hearing the sound of waterfalls everywhere.

I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I hurt my right knee.  It felt a little weird after an early hike and then really started hurting halfway through a 4-1/2 mile hike.  The distance wouldn’t have been bad, but it was a lot of hiking up and down rocks so that my knee twisted back and forth.  We took our time finishing the hike.  I’ll take it easy for awhile while I heal.

No comments: