Monday, April 23, 2012

Paperwork While RV’ing

This is me whining now.  Remember years ago when everyone said life will soon be paperless?  Well, we’re still not there.  I think we’re at that awkward stage.  The internet is certainly helping for paying bills, but some companies/agencies are pretending they want to be electronic while they make the process VERY difficult.

Our insurance company (State Farm) dropped us since we are full-timing.  They require a permanent address.  I’m guessing they want the additional sales of a home or apartment insurance but I think dropping full-timers is stupid.  Another full-time couple we met said they were dropped by State Farm too, so it’s not just us.  Anyhow, we’ve found several insurance companies that love full-timers but it’s just the hassle and paperwork of switching.

I’m finished up on the Cobra medical insurance from my last work.  So I had to find medical insurance for us while John is going on Medicare (!!!). That meant more paperwork and phone calls.  Plus, they like to send things in the mail (adds 2-4 weeks for us) or ask us to print out a paper, sign it, scan it, then send it back.  Sure, I’ll do that on the printer system I have here in the RV.

Finally, it was tax time.  This required lots of waiting for things to be forwarded plus this is the first time we’ve filled out the forms for David going to college.  Was it this bad when I went to college?  For some reason, Arkansas allows you to fill out forms on-line, but still requires you to print out a form then mail it to tell them you are going to do your forms on-line.  What?

Arghhh!!!

No comments: