Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Churches and Cemeteries


Both President George Washington and General Robert E. Lee visited St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in Charleston South Carolina.  The woodwork for the box pews and the pulpit in this church is amazing.

Outside is a small church cemetery.  Two of the signers of the Constitution were buried here.  The stone showed dates from the 1700’s all the way up to the 2000’s.


We also stopped at Magnolia Cemetery.  I liked this gravesite.  With the name of Wagener versus my maiden name of Wagner...maybe I’m related.  My family is originally from Germany.  Perhaps my ancestors were originally from the Kingdom of Hannover! 
 
By the way, I read a story on TripAdvisor how someone got locked in this cemetery.  I thought I was the only one!

 

No comments: