Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Graffiti Philosophy


Near our house is Bay Bluffs Park.  It has boardwalks overlooking the water.  There doesn’t seem to be any easy way to get to the bay, but it’s there.

I visited the park earlier, but was scared away.  I like taking morning walks by myself and am pretty good with most situations.  But, it was early and the boardwalks had some rather disquieting graffiti on it.  When I heard voices, I wasn’t sure if they were hikers or the people who had done the graffiti.  Afterward, I went online to find things to reassure me about this park.  Turns out that several years ago vandals burned down some of the boardwalks and a guy was murdered here! 

This time I returned with John.  The earlier graffiti was painted over.  This time there was a ‘war’ going on between two opposing camps in chalk graffiti.  One was more religious while the other was more philosophical.  I’m not sure who they thought they would convert by scrawling graffiti.  Takes all kinds!
 
 
Long boardwalks to take a walk.  The bluffs are tinted red.  The clay in them was used to make bricks.
 

 

No comments: