Friday, August 16, 2013

Going with the Flow


Sometimes the best laid plans just have to change.  I try to have an organized plan but leave some “float”, though I didn't expect my ‘float’ would start this early.  I research stops for places to visit and look at reviews of the parks in the area (at rvparkreviews.com).  I try to find the best park but have a back-up if the first was filled or has other problems.  So far, out of 6 nights we've stayed at 1 of my "selected" sites.

As I mentioned earlier, the air conditioner failed in the truck portion of the RV.  While it’s a bit cooler now, there is no way John can drive an RV pulling a car for hours without AC.  So, we found a Ford dealership along the way.  It turns out it’s the compressor (very expensive) and means we need to stay overnight for the part to arrive.  So, tonight we found a place to camp nearby Cookeville Tennessee.  As John commented, Tennessee seems to be filled with "villes".  We stopped at Crossville, went past Nashville, staying at Granville, visiting Cookeville, and heading toward Knoxville.  And that's beside all the -villes we see along the way.
 

We visited a small train museum in town while we were waiting.  It was pretty cool!  The downtown is well preserved.  The local ice cream parlor had old pictures of the town to view.  The train museum allows you to climb into the cars.  Inside the museum was different train tools, uniforms, lights, and a toy train set-up of the town.

Oh, and I liked the praying mantis!

No comments: