Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bits and Pieces


We’re in Tennessee where kudzu has taken over many areas.  It’s bad, yet it is very cool to see since the plants give it a soft and magical look.

This week I attended meetings for work.  So John was stuck without a car.  The RV park had a fishing pond and a driving range, so it wasn’t all bad.  I stopped at a few interesting places to visit around my drive to work.  This included a cemetery (of course!).  This one had quite a few leaning gravestones.


 
I also visited some Indian mounds in this area.  One of the mounds is the 2nd highest in the U.S.  At 72 feet it didn't sound that high.  But that's equivalent to almost 7 stories and I was out of breath trying to run up the stairs.

There were more artifacts in the museum than many of the places we’ve visited.  I love these small bone fish hooks. They look difficult to make!  I also thought it was interesting that flint from Newark Ohio was found at the site since I visited there earlier (http://tandtrv.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-in-ohio.html).
 

No comments: