Friday, August 28, 2015

Mount Pisgah

We decided to do a hike up Mount Pisgah. The trail is only 3.2 miles total, but part of the path is rocky and steep plus the final elevation is 5,721 feet above sea level. I figured that I didn’t need to carry water since I drank water at the base and the hike was so short. I almost died. Well, maybe not literally, but it felt that way.


They say that the hike is worth it because of the view. The weather has been cloudy and at this elevation mostly we saw clouds with occasional peaks of the mountain view. There is a large tower at the top with all kinds of antennae and dishes.

The other interesting part was that there were several busloads of kids also hiking the trail. It was not a quiet walk. But at least I can say I survived the hike up Mount Pisgah.

No comments: