Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mission San Jose

My absolutely favorite mission is down the road from the RV park. It is called the Queen of the Missions. I’ve been here many times (1, 2, 34, 5) but always visit at least once during a visit to San Antonio.

I walked down one morning and walked the area before it officially opened for the day. Actually, I thought I might attend the morning mass. I’m not Catholic, but was interested in seeing mass. But when I got there, I saw only one person in the front rows that I think was a sister. There was no way to blend in! Instead I took some pictures outside and walked back to the RV.



The Rose Window is considered one of the finest examples of baroque architecture in North America.






The exterior walls of the chapel has portions of the original plaster and coloring. It must have been quite a sight.


We’ve had a lot of rain that flooded parts of Riverwalk for a day. But the spring flowers are out!



No comments: