Thursday, December 22, 2011

Walking on the Wild Side

I love taking a walk in the morning.  I'm most awake in the morning, it's quieter, plus the lighting is great for pictures.  This morning I walked to the nearby San Jose Mission.  I'd tell you more about it because it is a national park, but the visitor center wasn't open yet.

Instead, I walked around the mission taking pictures from various angles.  It was wonderful to hear the chapel bells ringing in the morning.  Then I found an open door to the compound.  It was after 8 am and hey, an open door is an invitation.  So, I was able to get some pictures inside the compound.  But, no one else was around.  I'm not sure if a ranger left the side door open as he was walking in or what, but I really enjoyed having a quiet moment.  It's a beautiful place in the morning.

No comments: