Friday, May 13, 2016

Geocaching

We’re at St. Andrews State Park. It’s one of the most difficult parks to get into with reservations filling months in advance. The trick is just to keep going online and looking for a site to open up.

There are several geocaches in the area. The first I found was just outside the park. Smallest geocache I’ve ever seen. It was the size of the first digit of my little finger. One of the things geocachers talk about is to not attract attention from muggles. Muggles are anyone who doesn’t geocache. This cache was on a fairly busy street corner. I’m pretty sure I attracted attention as I was crawling under a park bench!

The 2nd cache we never found. There was a recent controlled fire in the area. Maybe it burnt?

The 3rd cache was far at the end of the island with plenty of sandy trails that slowed our walk. We finally got close to the area and then saw a snake right in the general location! It was probably non-venomous but we didn’t really know. We tried walking around the area to see if we could get to it in another direction. Finally, I read some of the notes that no one has found this particular cache in several months. The thing is, geocache isn’t all about finding the cache. It’s about looking for it in some pretty cool places. This time we got to see this heron up in the tree alongside the path. Pretty cool!


The 4th cache I couldn’t find during my search of this area but John found it later on.

The park is full of deer and birds.

 










Not sure what is happening, but the beach is disappearing. This wasn’t like this the last time we were here.

These are reproductions of the Nina and Pinta that came into town.

No comments: