Monday, April 24, 2017

St. Andrews State Park - Again

We always try to stay here when in the area. The problem is that it is difficult to get a campsite. Many times you have to change sites to stay for any time. This time we got lucky when 5 days opened up. Even better, it was a site on the water.

The water sites are great. There are plenty of birds (like these pelicans) to watch along with boat tours passing (including a pirate ship tour!).

Lots of deer.



I’ve attended a class here on edible plants before. I did the class again since it’s very difficult to remember all the details. The class is around one hour long with lots of samples to nibble with details on parts of the plants to eat, time of the year, and benefits of the food. Maybe a few more times and I’ll remember more of the class. This time I also went to an edible bug class which was fascinating. Again, we were able to eat samples. Some were quite tasty.
 

I was biking back from class and saw quite a few cars stopped in the road. Turns out they were waiting for this turtle to cross the road. 

My morning walk took me along the point of the island.  Every morning there were a group of fishermen (sometimes 20) out there at sunrise.


Other pictures…



No comments: