Thursday, August 9, 2012

Interpreting Art


I’m not big into art museums, but I like going every once in a while.  The Pensacola Museum is not what I was expecting.  Definitely no Rembrandt’s, Van Gogh’s, or Monet’s.  Instead it’s a few rooms with changing exhibits. But it was entertaining to try to interpret the idea behind the weirder pieces of art.

This one “Brainenome” depicts a brain coral below the vase.  Why? (though I like the colors)


A big section was on surfing.   Not really sure why this is art.  But some of the boards were gorgeous and there was surfing photography which is always cool.

What the heck?  I can’t even comment.

This one was hilarious.  I visited the museum right after the museum opened for the week.  I figured this broken piece fell down over the weekend and even reported it.  It turns out this is a commentary on Florida politics (Florida is broken).  Funny, plus I’m impressed / amused with the wording on the plaque (click on the photo so see this better).


No comments: