Friday, August 10, 2012

More Travel Stories

I’m off the Spokane for a week of work.  Traveling is always interesting.

First, as I’m getting ready in the morning at the RV park I suddenly see a lizard on the wall of the bathroom.  It’s about 6” long and moving around on the wall heading toward the toilet area.  I left the stall to see if I could move to another but the other one was locked.  As I returned I realized that I couldn’t see the lizard.  The only thing worse than seeing a lizard is NOT seeing where the lizard is.  I’d say it scared the sh__ out of me, but that’s too old of a joke.

I flew on Sunday.  Sunday’s are good since it isn’t busy but it’s bad because you have all the people traveling who don’t seem to understand flying.  Had a lady in front of me in security that loved to chat with security about her travel plans while taking her time getting ready.  I say hello, but that’s while I’m pulling out my computer and liquids, getting my shoes off, and pushing everything through the x –ray machine.  The flights were full of babies crying and lost adults.  I’m not sure why, but many of the people were sitting in the wrong seats.  It took a while to sort out plus we had a 13 year old sitting in the exit row where you have to be 15 or older.  On one flight a person stood up and walked along the aisle after landing while the plane was still taxiing. There was even a lady who couldn’t figure out how to flush the toilet.  Sigh.

Newbies are cute.  I noticed quite a few of them actually listening to the safety talk. I always love learning how to use a seatbelt!  On one of my flights the safety talk ended with “If you have any problems please contact our junior flight attendant.  She is new and she still cares!”

No comments: