Thursday, August 4, 2016

Horicon Marsh

In Wisconsin is the Horicon Marsh. Not sure why I didn’t know this (sarcasm), but it’s the largest freshwater cattail marsh in the United States. Anyhow, it was a great hike and we saw muskrats, martins, geese, ducks, American Goldfinch, owls, robins, red-winged blackbirds and pelicans. As I was walking the path, groups of geese would leave the path to get into the water as I approached. One group was slow and “mama” bird hissed very loudly at me. I turned around a bit scared since she was almost as tall as I was but going back meant a mile walk. So I removed by jacket and sort of shook it at her as I quickly passed the group.
I liked the art at the visitor center.

There’s a muskrat in both of these pictures. One was bringing a plant home, the other is eating.

View through the binoculars.


No comments: