Thursday, May 3, 2012

Screaming at Holes

Wupatki is another of those national parks that I’ve never heard of before our trip.  The park has six pueblo ruins you can visit along with many more you can see from a distance.

I love walking through the ruins.  They say the average height for men was 5’3” and 5’1” for women.  So at 4’10” I don’t feel so short.  Matter of fact, I can laugh at others trying to walk through the doors!

The fun part of the park was a blowhole.  It’s a hole in the ground that either blows out cool air or pulls in air depending on atmospheric pressure.  Today was wild on how much air was blowing out.  We had fun talking to a couple of ladies from Japan that spent a lot of time here.  They were screaming into the opening and made us scream too.  BTW, I’d show you a picture of John screaming but the wind doesn’t move his hair as much.

We see a lot of lizards while walking around ruins.  I love the more colorful ones!


No comments: