Saturday, May 5, 2012

‘Speaking’ French


Horseshoe Bend is a great short hike with a stupendous view.  One of the fun things while traveling is all the people you meet. Today we were visiting Horseshoe Bend when I was asked to take a picture of a group of people speaking French.  After taking two years of French in high school (just a few years ago), I was able to dazzle them with the seven words I remembered.  They laughed at me, but I think they appreciated it.  And, yes, I took their picture while they reciprocated by taking our picture. 

We took another hike today to Hanging Gardens. That one was interesting.  The hanging gardens isn’t really much, but it was a fun hike.

Page is on Lake Powell.  It isn’t quite as big as Hoover Dam, but it’s pretty big and definitely gorgeous.  The colors are just amazing.  John and I are dreaming of living on a houseboat on the lake for a month or two (won’t do it, but it’s a nice dream).

No comments: