Sunday, May 20, 2012

Terror of Wild Life

Certain animals are normal in a campground.  I’ve seen squirrels, raccoons, deer, and even the fearsome skunk.  I’ve heard of elk or bears coming through a campsite.  But geese?  During the evening I saw a mom with her little daughter walking around the pond.  Suddenly she picked up her child and ran to get away from the goose.  I’d have laughed, but right afterward the goose attacked me too.

When I took a walk in the morning more geese were wandering around the leftovers at a campfire.  I’m sure it would be interesting to wake up in a tent and see these guys.


It’s a unique campground.  There’s a mineral springs here (“Highest Mineral Content in USA.”) so they built a water park with slides and everything.  Given we visited on a weekend, it was a busy place.  But beautiful!


No comments: