Thursday, January 12, 2017

Odds and Ends

I did quite a bit of geocaching in town which meant I was all over town. At one point I saw what I thought was this decorative rabbit in a yard before it suddenly ran away. Later I saw a coyote in the distance.

Houses in Quartzsite can be fun. There can be art, scrap wood & steel, and even a pyramid as decorations.




Yuma had several fun things to see on the route into town. This is an atomic cannon (there were two of them). Apparently shooting atomic weapons was a cool thing to do.
There was a little church (there are lots of these around the country). Plus, this is a “bridge to nowhere”. At one time it crossed a river but now it’s just sand below and the road was rerouted years ago.

Just to make the people in winter jealous…here’s a picture of the walking path I was on this week.


No comments: