Sunday, June 17, 2012

Misty Morning


The night was exciting.  A storm blew in sending branches and pine cones dropping on our RV.  No damage, but it sure scared me to hear the branch hit.  After that we had a night of rain.  Again, no major problem but storms are more immediate in an RV versus a house.
 
My morning walk was nice with a cooler morning and mist on the lake.  I did get a bit lost and at one point saw the campground across the lake, but it’s a small park so I eventually found my way back.

I laughed at this tree.  This is Mississippi’s largest Sand Post Oak. Who makes these things up?    It’s not a very large tree. Does someone really go all over the state, identify, and measure the larger trees to come up with the largest of each category?  Why?  Does it matter?  I’m sure I’m missing the bigger picture on this.  Anyhow, now you’ve seen it too!

No comments: