Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bizarre Architecture

Several years ago I was driving on I-70 just east of Columbus.  There was some problem on I-70 so they sent us on a poorly marked detour in the back roads.  Besides being somewhat lost, it was early morning and foggy.  Suddenly out of the fog I saw this beside the road.
 
 
Very surreal!  Later I found it this building has been on several lists of weird and unique buildings.  This is the home office for the Longaberger basket company built in 1997.  One of the ‘cool’ things I learned about the World's Largest Basket is that they heat the handles to melt ice off them in the winter

I love the details on this.  I wonder what it’s like to work here.  Driving up to this every day and then looking out your window to see people taking pictures.

 

No comments: