Thursday, October 18, 2012

Flashing Cindy


We like watching “Auction Kings” on Discovery Channel. If you haven’t seen it, it shows pieces being brought in to an auction house.  The piece is appraised by an expert and then you see it being sold at auction.  Simple format but we enjoy it.  The auction house is Gallery 63 in Atlanta.  So, I talked John into driving over to it to see what we could see.
 
It was great!  We arrived on the day before an auction. I wasn’t sure if it would be open but the parking lot was full with people everywhere. The front of the auction house looks like the TV show but the parking lot is small.  In the parking lot there were two camera crews set up already interviewing and filming people.  Inside there was another camera filming.  The place was full of people looking at items and taking pictures.
 

Paul (the boss of the place) was busy and we saw Jon (the picker).  The best part was seeing Cindy!   I didn't want to bug her but snapped a picture while she was working at a desk in the office.  I heard her jump after the flash went off so I hid around the corner.  A few minutes later, a few people from New York called her out of the office so they could meet her.  I jumped in and talked to her too.  She was friendly and funny. I asked John to take a picture; she looks at him and says “Did you flash me a little while ago?” John denied it and blamed me.  I’m all right with that.
 

No comments: