Sunday, October 14, 2012

ONU Reunion

This was my mumble-mumbleth reunion at my college of Ohio Northern University.  The last reunion I went to I found only one person I knew.  This time I saw 4 people!  It was a busy and fun day.


The school hosted a Health Fair.  I had a cholesterol , glucose, body fat, and bone density check done quickly and for free.  Very nice. This was followed by a tour of the engineering building (I’m a mechanical engineer) by the current dean.  Given the fact that this dean is 4 or 5 deans past the one I had means it had been awhile.  There were lots of changes and lots of things that were the same.  The picture is of the bent, a symbol of the Tau Beta Pi honorary.  One of the things a new class has to do is shine this thing.  Luckily I had some sort of excuse to miss this when I joined!
 

The next thing was the parade.  A homecoming parade in a small town and college is fun.  There is the school band.  I happily played the trombone during my years.  Playing in the marching band was my favorite extracurricular activity.  The band now is immense, especially for a small college with a fairly small music department.  The parade also had a few local bands, a twirling school, and some pretty lame floats that the fraternities and sororities build at the last minute.  Maybe it’s kitschy, but it’s still fun to watch.
 

We had a class reunion picture after that.  Out of 500 or so students in my class, we had 7 people show up for the picture.  Kinda sad but at least we had that many.  This year I met up with a Gordon who was a friend in computer science, Linda who was  someone I went to high school and college with, along with Melanie and Mark (picture of me, Linda and Melanie at top), .It was a good day reminiscing and catching up with each other. 
 


 

No comments: