Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Relaxing Among Trees


When I was in sixth grade I had to do a leaf collection.  Even though it was fairly far from home, my parents drove me to Dawes Arboretum where I got my most unusual leaf (a gingko).  Today I took a walk through Dawes Arboretum.  Even though I couldn’t find the gingko tree, it was wonderful to see in the fall.

 
The 1,800 acre arboretum has lots of hiking trails with different themes.  There’s a holly section that was gorgeous right now.
 
There’s a large 2,040 foot long hedge writing saying “Dawes Arboretum”. I was disappointed to see that the tower built for viewing it was closed due to damage so this is a picture from an earlier trip.  Actually it's best seen from an airplane, but I didn't have one of those handy!


There’s even a cemetery.  Wahoo!


No comments: