Friday, August 24, 2018

Interstate State Park


We’re at Interstate State Park in Minnesota. It’s a popular park so last week we reserved the last spot available. The camping is near the St. Croix river.


There is a nearby town that runs a boat along the river.

The park was on the other (North) side of St. Paul / Minneapolis. The drive through town was “interesting” with lots of construction.



My morning hike was more challenging than I expected. I was told that the paths were hiking only and no biking because of the many steps. The Railroad Trail supposedly had 150 steps. I thought they were kidding. No, I wouldn’t want to carry a bike up 

I hiked the Sandstone Bluffs Trail. I counted 305 steps going up. 


The falls only runs a few days a year but it is still cool to see.


Nice trail.

No comments: