Friday, August 3, 2018

Morning Adventure



So…I am taking my normal morning walk. The trail map shows a simple 0.6 mile trail that starts and ends at the campground. Simple. Well, first I got to a portion of the trail that was tore up like some construction equipment came from the main road. It took me a few minutes to find where the trail continued, but not a big problem.

Then, I don’t know if I zoned out and missed a turn or I picked the wrong trail or what, but the trail ended on a cliff near the river. I looked down and there were definitely a way down to the river and a path where others had come this way. I figured the trail must run down the rocks, along the river, and then come back up after a nearby river curve. Plus, it was picturesque down by the river.

 The trail never came back up. I kept thinking that I must be able to get back up the cliffs soon. Besides, going forward seemed easier than the way back given some of the rocks I was climbing along the river.




Finally, I reached one of the waterfalls. Unfortunately, it was one that I’d been unable to see yesterday since it was far off the main trail. Plus, the cliff moved closer to the river. I had to take off my shoes and walk barefoot through the water and then climb up the edge of the falls. At the top I found a way back to the trail I was supposed to be on.


My short trail took me an hour. But it certainly was an adventure!

No comments: