Friday, August 3, 2018

Old Stone Fort State Park


There isn’t a fort here. Early explorers thought it was originally a fort. But it’s Native American mounds from the Woodland era (~2000 years ago). Archeologists think it’s a ceremonial site.


While the mounds are cool, the waterfalls are the best part of the park. We were here several years ago and the waterfalls were much bigger then but they are still nice.



The stones in the riverbed are shale and look like humans cut them into blocks, but they are all natural.


Like I mentioned, it’s been such a long time since RVed that I’ve forgotten things. I forgot I like to geocache in the area. So I started today and found total of 3 geocaches at a rest area and this state park. The picture shows a cache under the large stone.

No comments: