Sunday, September 22, 2019

Canyonlands National Park


Canyonlands is close to Moab but has half the visits (0.7 MM visits a year). I’m not sure why other than the longer drive from Moab. I thought the views were better with sweeping vistas. Upheaval Dome is one such great view. I’m not sure why it’s called a dome. They believe this is a meteor crater.

I thought this was the most incredible view that I’ve seen in Utah. Unfortunately, it doesn’t translate to my phone camera.



We’ve seen lots of stupid people taking pictures or having their pictures taken near cliff edges. We can see why there’s always someone in the news who fell at a national park. This one on the right wasn’t as bad, though she is pretending to be falling.

This is Whale Rock. There’s a nice trail to the top but since we were combining a visit to Canyonlands and Dead Horse State Park, we skipped this trail.

Grand View Point Overlook

Mesa Arch was full of people taking pictures. This was the best I could do.

John took an interesting picture from his viewpoint here.

No comments: