Saturday, January 28, 2012

Arizona Details

One thing that is different in Arizona is the cattle guards.  You drive over them whenever you go onto the highway along with seeing them frequently while driving along back roads.  In case you haven’t seen a cattle guard (yes, eastern people don’t often see them), they are bars that cross the road.  Cattle don’t like (or maybe can’t) walk over them.  The openings are large enough that the hooves would pass through the opening but are OK for cars to drive over them.  It also rattles the vehicle when you drive over them.

We’re still being stopped at border crossings 30 miles from Mexico.  Again…I wouldn’t want to pass through this every day to work.  On the right you see a line of vehicles.  I'm not sure if these are the cars of the people that work there or the cars that will go after you if they don't like you.  But it's scary!


We crossed into Mountain Time a while ago.  I’m still figuring out when shows start.  I love Central Time since I can see 10 pm TV shows at 9 pm when I’m still awake.  I’m just confused when shows start here.  Plus, I've already missed a conference call because I had my time zones messed up.

The weather has been fun.  Overnight it drops below freezing most of the time.  By the middle of the day we’re seeing 70’s F.  In the sun we’re seeing 110’s.  So, I have to start the day with warm clothes then switch into cooler clothes as it warms up.  Not a bad problem to have!

No comments: