Friday, September 7, 2018

Itasca State Park


Besides crossing the Mississippi River, there is lots to see and do at this park. There are Indian Mounds but they are very subtle and not cleared off like most that we’ve seen.

A small cemetery.

Three hundred year old pine trees.

We biked and hiked to a 100’ tall fire tower. This tower is only designed to have 6 people on it at a time. It swayed near the top quite a bit. The view was great with several lakes along with the forests of birch, maple, and pine.




  

There are miles of excellent bike trails.

And hidden things like this along the bike trail.

It rained one day. The next morning we were riding back on the path. There’s a bit of a hill so that I was going too fast onto a boardwalk. Between the wet boards, the wet leaves, and me trying to slow down I did a complete wipe-out off my bike. Picture me in the Superman flying pose as I slide down the boardwalk. My phone ending up another 15 feet down the boardwalk as it slid out of my back pocket. John had to pry the boards open to remove my bike where it slid off to the side. Even with all that, I just had a few scrapes. Except now I have a major fear of boardwalks. I guess this is why it says “Caution”.

No comments: