Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Falls in Gooseberry Falls State Park

Our afternoon hike was to the falls. There are lower, middle, and upper falls here. There is also a Fifth falls that we didn’t see, but we’re still not sure how they count the falls to get a fifth.

Besides being pretty, the falls has areas where you can walk over rocks or along pools of water. John is still laughing at me trying to walk across a small stream. I took a large step to the next rock and realized I couldn’t find a spot that looked stable for my next step. So I was stretched out between two rocks looking pretty dorky. Some stranger even commented to me about that step I took. Luckily no pictures of me, just of John easily stepping across.

We talked to quite a few people in the area. One lady mentioned that the water flow was down from normal. But still fun to see.




Also loved how the tree roots grow on these rocks.

No comments: